I am a dedicated media professional with diverse skills in filmmaking and story telling from Presenting and Directing to writing screenplays and treatments as well as post production and distribution. I am currently involved with the American Indian Film Institute’s, Tribal Touring Program (TTP) that provided outreach Film programs and education for young people aged 13– 25. This program has provided me with further experience in teaching dramatic concept and structure, as well as working with youth from diverse backgrounds and abilities. I Produced/Directed eight films ranging from drama, documentary to music video and PSA’s and was involved in the making of twenty-two other Productions. With this additional experience I feel that I could bring to your organization a wealth of knowledge and know-how gained by working with international broadcasters in areas of pre to post production as well as performance for theatre, film and television.
• Film/Television Directing and Production: BBC certified
• Professional Editor
• Research: TV, Film and Corporate
• International Marketing and Public Relations
• IT Skills (cross platform Mac & PC, software packages, web design, multi media authoring)
2007-2008 Apple Final Cut Studio (Motion; Live Type; Shake; FCP Pro): BBC Training & Development
2003-2003 Directing & Digital Video Camera ~ BBC Training & Development
2000-2001 Film & T.V. Production ~ Brunel College (City&Guilds)
1997-1997 Acting/Performance ~ Royal Academy London / UCLA (Acting workshops)
1984-1988 English & Sports Science – Liverpool University (Batchelor of Education)
• Television content scheduling, Program Acquisition, Distribution, Program Development
• Production and Directing Single/ Multiple/Studio camera
• Hosting and Presenting; Vox Pops; Studio & Location filming; Lighting; Sound
• Production Management
• Marketing & Advertising
• Staff Recruitment & Staff Management
• Budget control and Line Management
• Graphic Design (Adobe Photoshop)
• Web Design (Dreamweaver: Flash MX)
• Camera (RED CAMERA + DSR 500 + PD150 + SONY HD)
CURRENT EMPLOYMENT: 2009 - Present
Producer/Director/Lecturer – American Indian Film Institute, San Francisco, CA.
MEDIA EMPLOYMENT & EXPERIENCE: FILM & TV: 1987 - Present
Producer & Director
• Celluloid NDNS (USA) in Production (2009)
• ‘Coloring the Media’ (US) World Premiere ‘American Indian Film Festival, (2008)
• ‘Jamestown’ Contemporary film about the Rappahannock (2007 in development)
• Asylum: (2006/2007 awaiting distribution)
• Capoeira: BBC Today segment (2004/2005)
• ‘Coloring the Media’ (UK) Premiered BAFTA, a story about UK’s Black/Asian identity (2004)
• In the Park: BBC (2004)
• London Contemporary Dance: BBC Today segment (2004)
• Young Persons Talent Awards BBC – Bristol segment (2004)
• The Crow Creek Sioux Tribe (16mm): SDTV: Crow Creek Sioux (1999/2000)
• Native American Travel: (16mm): SDTV: Crow Creek Sioux (1999)
• Turner Network Television: EPK – 500 Nations Film Festival (1998)
Associate Producer (2005/2006)
• Gangsters Wives: Channel 5 (original story, Program planning & development, 2nd camera)
• 2004 BBC Watchdog: I was responsible for developing and researching stories as well as involved with filming and other aspects of investigative journalism.
TV ACTING / PERFORMANCE: (1990- Present)
BBC ~ ‘Casualty’ – (Mr Stokes)
BBC ~ ‘Dr Who’ – (Native actor)
BMG Productions ~ ‘Coldplay DVD’ (Newscaster and voiceover)
BBC ~ ‘What The Tudors Did For Us’ (Mateo- Lead role) I was also involved in assisting BBC researchers with this Production.
BBC ~ ‘Myths & Legends’ (Coyote) also acted as consultant on, script, costume and set design.
BBC ~ ‘Casualty’ (various walk on parts)
CBC - The Lighter Side of the News ~ (Presenter, Director/Editor)
Turner Networks Television ~ (Guest Performer / Speaker) also assisted with an on air competition with TNT Marketing Department.
Disney TV ~ (Guest Performer / Speaker/Consultant)
ITV / HTV ~ (Guest Performer / Speaker)
Sky 1: The Y Files ~ (Consultant & Presenter)
ITV London Today ~ (Guest Speaker)
Miramax Films ~ Shakespeare in Love ~ (Florida Native) - Actor
BBC Radio 1: BBC Radio 4 : Virgin Radio: London Radio: BBC World Service
LA Theatre Company - Motion (Henry) Toured in Los Angeles and San Francisco.
Dalier Sylw - Madogwys (Lone Man) Welsh Theatre that toured Wales for over 3 months.
Skillset Millennium Award: 'Colouring the Media’ (UK 47 mins) – a documentary about Black/Asian identity in the UK that I wrote, Produced and Directed for the BBC and the Millennium Commission. This film premiered at BAFTA, July 2004.
2004 Millennium Fellowship Award ~ for strengthening and enriching communities
OTHER COMMERCIAL & CORPORATE EXPERIENCE
2009: Mentor/ Lecturer – American Indian Film Institute
Worked extensively with the Tribal Touring Program (TTP) teaching Film Production, Film Script, Camera, Screenplay, Editing, Acting and Presenting.
2001: Chair ~ Native American Travel
An organization aimed at the international development of Indian Country Tourism.
2000: Producer ~ Roma Film Agency, Italy
Native American Development Producer and content advisor
1998: President & Founder, ‘The 500 Nations International Native American Film Festival.’
A film festival that was set up in London with corporate & media support which culminated in ‘The 500 Nations Award Ceremony ‘also supported by British and Hollywood celebrities.
1998: Producer, ‘Concert at Wounded Knee, South Dakota, USA’
Music Concert attended by over 200,000 people.
1997: Overseas Tribal Ambassador, Crow Creek Sioux Nation, South Dakota, USA
Developed tourism packages, and created multi-million dollar investment programs and initiatives.
1996: Producer / Director, ‘500 Nations International Dance Festival’ London
1990: President & Founder, The American Indian Trust (AIT)
AIT, a registered charitable organisation, which promotes the culture & heritage of Native America through development programs in the arts, music, film, theatre & education with the principle aim of facilitating self-sufficiency amongst Native people. I now serve as advisor and committee chairman.